Wednesday, April 28, 2010

12 days....

12 days in Oklahoma
11 days until the moving trucks come
10 work days left
10 days until Jackson turns 1
6 days until Justin's Graduation
7 days until our going away party/Jackson's 1st birthday party/Justin's graduation party

To quote Ferris Bueller: Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. That's exactly how I feel about the last month. I've literally been making myself physically sick with worry about everything I have to get done for work before it's time for our Oklahoma adventure to end. It's a horrible feeling, but I feel like I can't enjoy the last few days I have here b/c I have so much to be done. Time just hit me like a ton of bricks and now I'm scrambling to finish it all on top of enjoying my son and all the neat things he's doing now.

Jackson turns 1 very shortly and I just can't believe how incredibly lucky I am to have a son like him. He's absolutely wonderful in every way. He makes me laugh all the time, even when I'm trying to discipline him b/c one look at his big blue eyes and I'm total mush. His new tricks include pointing at things, standing by himself, saying hi more, and also pushing buttons all the time. When he points at things, it just really cracks me up b/c he points with his pointer finger and also his thumb too! Just adorable. He can point out any cow that he sees in books and on the tv. He just loves cows. Speaking of tv, he is finally trying to watch some. He watches Mickey Mouse Playhouse every morning before I go to work, but only for about 10 minutes. He still doesn't like it very much, but he gets drawn into Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse Playhouse from time to time. He can also now stand by himself...even though he doesn't like that much either. He doesn't like to do it unless he's holding a toy of some kind. He just started that on Friday, but he doesn't do it consistently. We'll see how long it takes him before he wants to do it all the time. As for saying hi, that's still a little inconsistent too, but it's so cute when he does it b/c he waves with his whole arm. He only says hi to people he really knows and really likes. He's not big on saying goodbye yet by waving. Silly little guy! Last but not least, he's discovered how to turn on and off the table. What a booger! He does it all the time! We're trying to teach him no, but he doesn't like no yet. We'll see how well discipline goes. I have a feeling that he's going to be one of those kids that does things his way and he won't like to do it our way....a lot like his daddy. He does it at swim lessons b/c he doesn't like to duplicate what the instructor does and he has never replicated anything I do like sticking my tongue out at him when he was a baby. That worries me b/c I won't him to be able to follow directions and follow the rules! I don't want him to be a defiant kid :0( We'll see!

I'm so excited and nervous about the move...mostly for Jackson's sake. I'm excited to start a new adventure, but sad b/c I'll be starting over again and not knowing anyone. Will I make friends? Will I get a job? I really hope so! More importantly, will we find friends for Jackson? I'm hoping that the move goes smoothly and that we don't have very many hitches in the process. I'm also hoping that our house is done sooner than later b/c I want to be in my home and be able to get into a routine for Jackson as soon as possible. For now, I just need to focus on getting my work done and before our parents get here so I can stop to enjoy the last few days in Oklahoma. Looking forward to next weekend, I'll have my family here and Justin will be graduating. Congrats to my hubby by the way...he's just amazing! He's worked so hard for the last 4 years and he's graduating! Just wonderful :0) May is such a wonderful month for us...our 2 year anniversary on the 17th, moving on the 14th, Justin's graduation on the 8th, and Jackson's birthday on the 11th. Amazing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babydoll, the date on blog is off. Ithink you posted this on 5/2..